Translate

Monday 10 June 2013

11 years it took me.

I have posted a blog-post about this before so I will try to not write the same thing all over again. But this is something that means a lot to me and something i an very proud and also thankful for. Proud because I finally got here, thankful because i have had amazing friends and of course my boyfriend who has been here for me through all my mental break downs.

So, enough with the thank you speech. 

This weekend Carl took a picture of me, the picture at the bottom of this post. And i am wearing a skirt and a top which is quite tight. I wasn't the happiest about being in a photo like that, i don't like pictures of me unless its a close-up of my face (as you might have noticed by now). This is because i am very insecure when it comes to my body. And i never like full body pictures of myself - ever. 

But this one i actually don't mind, yes my leg looks bigger than it is because my leg is up like that, and i could probably tell you 10 things i don't like if i really wanted to. But I am just going to choose to stop here. And just let the world know that i actually don't hate these pictures of me. 

It took a long time to finally be able to say that, about 11 years.

11 years of being overweight, underweight, normal weight, all kinds of weights. 

Looking at myself now i do want to lose a couple of kg's, but it's not the end of the world if it takes a little time. I have lost about 8 kg's since we started swimming. But I am most proud of myself because i have done it the healthy way. I am now normal weight - even after eating a pizza. haha. 

of course i will still see pictures of myself and hate them, we all do that. But it feels like i am on the right track and it feels so good! You have no idea. 

Anyway i think this is really happening because of three people.

Sandra - For being the best friend on the planet. 
Carl - For being the perfect boyfriend, and for telling me i'm beautiful every day and make me feel like a princess. Every girl deserves a boyfriend as good as mine. But leave mine alone. haha. 
Myself - Because I've done this. 





No comments :

Post a Comment



Let's be friends!