Translate

Tuesday 14 October 2014

ELF Högskoleprov

Oh hey people!
Do you like my new header and design? :)

I have just been going through some english for my test next week. It's so hard. I mean my english is pretty good but when it comes to reading texts you have no interests in and then answer questions about the text. Here is an example  for you..

Scientific Progress

The majority of scientists bask in the surviving afterglow of the Enlightenment, with its optimistic attitude about the all-conquering power of human reason supplemented by the methods of empirical inquiry. In particular, the hubris of many 20th-century theoretical physicists seems to know no bounds. “A theory of everything” is just round the corner, needing only one more bundle of money to finance the ultimate particle accelerator or super-powerful telescope, to put the last pieces of the puzzle in place.

Question:
What is the writer’s attitude to the promises of scientific progress?
  • Factual
  • Ironic
  • Uncritical

I know the right answer, do you?

No comments :

Post a Comment



Let's be friends!